1. What is Microblading?
Microblading (3D Semi-Tattooing) is the best alternative to makeup. It gives a very natural appearance where crisp strokes gives the illusion of real hair.
A metal hand tool with fine needles (one time use) to create hair-like strokes. A custom pigment is then implanted into the skin’s surface. This semi-permanent makeup will generally last to 1-2 years (depending on the clients exposure to sun, resistance to pigment and skin regimen). Microblading is ideal for anyone wanting to enhance or reconstruct the look of their brows/hairline. Ideal for all skin tones. Best of all, our eyebrows have been specially designed to look completely natural; no one will suspect they're not yours!
2. How Long Does a Treatment Take?
Microblading is a 2 step process (4 - 6 weeks apart). This is very important to complete 2 visits.
3. How Long is The Procedure?
The initial procedure takes about 1 - 2 hours. The second step of the treatment is called a “Touch Up”, and it takes about 45 mins - 1 hour.
4. What is Permanent Tattooing?
Permanent makeup is a cosmetic technique which employs permanent pigmentation of the dermis. Creating designs that resemble makeup, such as eyebrows, eyeliner and other permanent enhancing colours to the skin of the face, lips, scalp and eyelids. Dermapigmentation, tricopigmentation, micropigmentation, and cosmetic tattooing are all known as Permanent Makeup.
Permanent tattooing your eyebrows/eyeline will have your eyebrows/eyeline perfectly shaped! You can finally enjoy swimming, running, in the gym and never have to worry about your eyebrows/eyeliner rubbing off or losing shape.
5. Who is The Perfect Candidate?
- Thin brows caused by years of over tweezing
- Hair loss or lack of shape/definition
- Chemotherapy or Alopecia
- Correcting Brow Shape
- Active Lifestyles
- Troubled with applying conventional makeup
6. Who is NOT a Good Candidate?
- Pregnant or nursing
- Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Viral Infections
- Heart problems
- Had a organ transplant
- Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc)
- Had Botox in the past 2 months
- Sick (cold, flu, etc)
- Used Accutane in the past year
7. What Should I Expect?
When you arrive for your appointment, you will have a short consultation with the technician. The technician will then apply a topical anesthetic to numb the area you are Microblading/Tattooing. Then discussing your ideal/desired shape with the technician, she will then draw in your brows/eyeline/hairline using a makeup pencil. After 30-45 minutes, you will be begin with your procedure!
When complete, your brows/eyeline/hairline will be topped with aftercare cream. You will also be given a cream to put on for 3 days twice a day. The Beyouty Cosmetics carries a special Aftercare Serum which enhances faster hair growth on the specific area that you got Microbladed/Tattooed!
The next 2 days you may find your brows/eyeline/hairline darker than you would expect, which is completely normal. This is due to pigment colour remaining in the outermost epidermal layers of the skin. The colour will soften within a few days.
If need be, rinse your brows/eyeline/hairline only with water, it is important to keep these areas dry (You will heal much faster and pigment loss will be minimal).
You may feel a bit of itchiness on day 4 or 5. Do not scratch them, just apply some coconut oil.
Day 10, your brows/eyeline/hairline should be all healed!
In 4-6 weeks, you will want to book in for a touch-up appointment. The brow technician will fill in the areas that may have lost pigment or any areas that need to be filled in.
“Skin tones, skin thickness and skin oiliness all play a role in when your colour will and how it will fade and change”
8. RULES AND GUIDELINES (Before Procedure)
- Do Not Tan 4 Days Before
- Do Not Exfoliate 4 Days Before
- Do Not Wax or Tint Eyebrows 3 Days Before
- No Botox for 4 Weeks Prior
- Do Not Use Any Retin-A or AHA Products for 2 Weeks Prior
- No Lasers or Chemical Peels for 1 Month Prior to the Procedure
- No Microdermabrasion or Derma-planing for 2 Weeks Prior
- Do Not Take Any Alcohol and/or Advil 72 Hours Before and After The Procedure
- Avoid Caffeine and Exercise on the Day of your Appointment
- Wash Hair Prior to the Appointment
- Please Note That You Will Be More Sensitive During your Menstrual Cycle
9. RULES AND GUIDELINES (After Procedure)
- Avoid Exercising or Anything That Will Cause Major Swearing for 7 Days
- Avoid Sun Exposure
- Apply Cream Given From Technician For 3 Days/Twice a Day
- Do Not Pick, Peel, or Scratch Healing Skin (Or You Risk Losing Pigment)
- Refrain From Showers (Baths are Recommended For The First 5 Days)
- Avoid Any Cleaners, Makeup, Creams On The Treated Area for 7 - 10 Days
- Avoid Sleeping On Your Face For 7 Days
10. When Do I Book My Touch Up Appointment?
Failure to book your follow-up appointment within 3 months of initial appointment or give more than 48 hours notice of cancellation/rescheduling, will forfeit your rights to your ONE free follow-up appointment. It is up to you to book this appointment, we at The BeYouty Bar do not remind you to book your follow-up appointment. If you cancel your free, booked touch-up appointment, you will automatically forfeit your free- follow up and regular touch-up pricing will apply.
11. I Have Previously Microbladed Eyebrows?
If you have had your eyebrows previously tattooed and are interested in a cover-up/re-work, you MUST email us (email@example.com) a clear photo PRIOR to booking your appointment. We cannot guarantee results for cases such as these and we must approve that your eyebrows are workable. In some cases where the previous work is too dark, dense, discoloured, or large, tattoo removal will be highly recommended before we begin the cover-up/re-work. Previously tattooed areas and cover-ups will almost always require additional touch-ups for best results.