Today, both men and women are well-aware of advantages of hair removal and both of them are seeking such services. Whether you are planning to get ready for the next beach vacation and wish to flaunt your super sexy and smooth legs or wish to prepare yourself for next swimming competition, at The BeYouty Bar we help you to get rid of body hair. Waxing can be used for different areas; hands and legs are the most common places to be waxed including underarms. Facial waxing is another common waxing treatment where people prefer to wax their eyebrows and upper lips; some also prefer to wax their chin and cheeks. Waxing is a treatment which is no longer limited to women; men are also taking this treatment and getting their chest and back hair removed.
Wax hair removal removes hair deeply, unlike cream or razor, body wax pull hair from the hair follicle as a result, the skin remains smooth and hair free for longer period (generally for 2-4 weeks).
Waxing is more beneficial to remove the unwanted hair for a long period of time and regular waxing also helps in reducing the growth of hair over a long run. It also helps to make the skin smoother and shinier.
HARD WAX VS SOFT WAX
Soft wax is removed using cloth strips. Hard wax is removed by peeling off the wax itself. One is good for covering a large area (soft wax). One isn’t (hard wax).
Soft wax strips are disposed of immediately. Hard wax is melted in a special warming device and is applied using giant lolly-sticks – but never double-dipped! If you see double-dipping going on at your salon, run for the hills, quickly.
Soft wax grabs fine hairs perfectly, working better on large areas of the body than hard wax. Unlike hard wax, soft wax cannot be applied to the same spot twice because it removes layers of dead skin. ... Less painful for most people, soft wax is perfect for extra sensitive areas such as the armpits or a Brazilian wax.
- Ideally, you should have 1/4 inch (.635 cm) of hair in the area you want to wax.
- Exfoliate and moisturize the skin one day prior to waxing.
- During the day of your appointment, soak your skin in a warm bath and drink plenty of water to hydrate.
- Moisturize regularly, with a cream containing antiseptic properties such as tea tree oil, aloe vera and witch-hazel, which will also help to alleviate any irritation.
- No fake tans, massages, extreme heat treatments, swimming for 12 hours.
- Try and avoid exercise as getting sweaty could clog the hair follicles
DO'S & DONT'S
- Keep the waxed area clean
- Do exfoliate on a daily basis.
- Moisturize to keep skin supple.
- Do not apply creams or oils before waxing.
- Don't get waxed if you have a sunburn.
- Do not use ice to try to numb the area
- Avoid heavy exercise after your treatment
Products We Use:
Satin Smooth is a professional division of Conair Corporation, a company that has been dedicated to the beauty industry for over 50 years. Satin Smooth has provided customized waxes and state-of-the-art appliances to our industry for more than 10 years. Please join us as we introduce three innovative new Satin Smooth Skin Care™ programs and services.